This video training course is the foundation that your LGBT marketing and sales outreach will be built from. We all have to start somewhere and this course will start by sharing with you the basics of LGBT terminology, definitions and acronyms, that you must know. By the end of this course you will know what is LGBT and what isn’t LGBT, which is an important distinction to ensure your success.
Beginning to market to the LGBT Community without first understanding the meaning and implications behind certain words or phrases can be a detrimental and costly mistake. This course is designed to drastically shorten your learning curve to get you out there selling quicker. This course comes with a handy downloadable terminology reference guide to refer back to often.
- What exactly is LGBT and who is part of the community?
- Alphabet soup broken down – with dozens of acronyms it can be hard to know where to start – this will share exactly what you need to know
- What terminology is your audience looking to hear? LGBT? LGBTQ? LGBTQIA? Rather than guess we will look at survey data that shows exactly what you should use and why
- Stop and think before you use certain terminology, ie. Don’t get caught using queer if you are selling to an older LGBT demographic – this course explains why
- Learn the differences between an ally, an advocate, and an activist and determine which one you are and how to leverage that in your marketing