Today is your lucky day! This website is for you, the straight ally, who is looking to begin marketing to the gay (LGBT) community. Whether you are an individual or you work for a large corporation this website has something for you. This website’s number one goal is to provide you with all of the information you need to be successful in marketing to the LGBT community. If you are new to the world of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) marketing, you are in the right place! I’ve been in this field since 2006 and have cultivated many great resources for you here. If you want to know more about my background, go here.
As someone just starting out the exploration process of what marketing to the LGBT community could look like in your business, here is what I would recommend you do next:
- Check out this blog post where I talk about the right terminology you should use, whether that’s LGBT or gay.
- Then check out this blog post where I explain how I personally made the business case for LGBT marketing back in 2006.
- To ensure you know what you are getting into and gauge whether or not this is for you, please read “Marketing to the LGBT Community is not for everyone”; it’ll help you assess internally.
- Then for more information on the market and potential for your business, you can check these few blog posts. Brand Loyalty within the LGBT Community, Marketing to the LGBT Community, What’s the buzz about the ‘gay dollar’? … and why you should care.
- Once you’ve read these check out the 3 part series called “What’s Your Why?”. This is one of the most important things you need to know before starting out in your LGBT marketing efforts.
Once you’ve done a lot of reading I would suggest attending my next webinar. I do them once a month usually and there is open Q&A session at the end, should you have any particular questions you need answers to.
Jenn is an amazing resource to the straight as well as LGBT community. Honestly, anyone who wants to know how to deal with any type of sensitive situation should be listening to Jenn. That means, if you run a business, you need her. She is an expert at showing people how to deal with others in an inclusive way.
I never realized how much our language can be misinterpreted. Jenn helped me work through some issues that could have been really bad for my company. Not sure what I would have done with out her.
Mike Brooks, Founder/CEO of Nuclear Chowder Marketing, LLC
Finally, I would say don’t miss out on getting information delivered right to your inbox. Sign up for the Gay Marketing Insider and be the first to know what is happening in the field.