Getting started with Gay Marketing 101!
Hi there. I’m Jenn and I am the creator of the content you’ll find on this site. If you are new to the world of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) marketing, you are in the right place! I’ve been in this field since 2006 and have cultivated many great resources for you here. If you want to know more about my background go here.
As someone just starting out the exploration process of what marketing to the LGBT community could look like in your business here is what I would recommend you do next:
- Check out this blog post where I talk about the right terminology you should use, whether that’s LGBT or gay.
- Then check out this blog post where I explain how I personally made the business case for LGBT marketing back in 2006.
- To ensure you know what you are getting into and gauge whether or not this is for you, please read “Marketing to the LGBT Community is not for everyone,” it’ll help you assess internally.
- Then for more information on the market and potential for your business, you can check these few blog posts. Brand Loyalty within the LGBT Community, Marketing to the LGBT Community, What’s the buzz about the ‘gay dollar’? … and why you should care.
- Once you’ve read these check out the 3 part series called “What’s Your Why?” this is one of the most important things you need to know before starting out in your LGBT marketing efforts.
Once you’ve done a lot of reading I would suggest attending my next webinar. I do them once a month usually and there is open Q&A at the end should you have any particular questions you need answers to.
Finally, I would say don’t miss out on getting information delivered right to your inbox. Sign up for the Gay Marketing Insider and be the first to know what is happening in the field.
I really hope this website provides you with everything you are looking for. If for some reason you can’t find something you are looking for, head over to the contact form and get in touch with me.
I Appreciate You!
I just wanted to finish by saying that I’m here for you, not only as a guide while you begin or continue your LGBT marketing efforts but also as a friend. Please note: I do my best to respond to all emails (it’s getting tougher as this blog gains in popularity, but I will always do my best to respond!)